Rep. John Dingell’s twitter is the best twitter.
I need to go weird on this headline. No one’s going to click on it.
— #journalism, right?
This is equivalent to living in a house for 60 years and somebody comes in and says, ‘I’m going to take away your property, your land, because I don’t like the style of the house.’
— Chap Petersen, founder of the “Redskins Pride Caucus.”
Obama on Ukraine’s pro-Russia separatists: “What are they trying to hide?”
The issue is, where is Putin? I would say, Putin, you have to man up.
— Sen. Dianne Feinstein
Obama’s about to Obama all over the place.
— Postponing our Monday meetings until later this afternoon.
Have you seen the amazing artwork in our latest issue? (Ch-ch-ch-check it out)
Elizabeth Warren’s 11 Commandments of Progressivism
- "We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we’re willing to fight for it."
- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth."
- "We believe that the Internet shouldn’t be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality."
- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage."
- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them."
- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt."
- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions."
- "We believe—I can’t believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work."
- "We believe that equal means equal, and that’s true in marriage, it’s true in the workplace, it’s true in all of America."
- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform."
- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturnHobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!”
When the bagels stop, that’s when we unionize.
— Overheard in the newsroom