Republicans Against Grover
By Julie Sobel
On Monday, we began a list of Republicans distancing themselves from or saying they would violate Grover Norquist’s anti-tax pledge in the lead . The initial list included Sens. Saxby Chambliss, Lindsey Graham, and Bob Corker, as well as House Majority Leader Eric Cantor and Rep. Peter King (see the rundown here).
One more for the list: Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who won reelection in 2010 as a write-in candidate after losing the GOP primary to a tea party-favored candidate. A Murkowski aide said the senator feels no attachment to the pledge, and thinks everything should be on the table.
As the fiscal cliff nears, we’ll keep updating if and when we hear from more Republicans.
- econtacted likes this
- brawlermedia likes this
- teennakedmodels likes this
- cristian-stan likes this
- bjcasillas likes this
- souffledean reblogged this from nationaljournal
- bookwormbreakfast reblogged this from nationaljournal and added:
- stecky likes this
- localcreature reblogged this from nationaljournal
- turn-off-your-mind-relax reblogged this from nationaljournal
- pb-reviews likes this
- threefourwalkoutthedoor reblogged this from tothepoint
- This was featured in #Politics
- tothepoint reblogged this from nationaljournal
- jolly-dolly reblogged this from nationaljournal
- enche likes this
- nationaljournal posted this